Vests are probably the most underrated outerwear. They’re underappreciated and underused. But they can actually amp up the style factor in any ensemble. They are also seasonless and versatile, making them a great investment for your wardrobe.
If you’re looking for a way to get more wear out of a good vest investment, try these tricks from ridiculously stylish bloggers:
1. Layer it over your little black dress
The little black dress will always be a classic. But there’s only so many ways you can give this look a fresh panache so why don’t you try layering a vest over it just like style blogger Kat did in this look? She accessorized with a fedora hat, a pair of ankle-strap pumps, a leather handbag and cluster jewelry.
2. Partner your vest with a sleeveless button down shirt and a pair of shorts
We love how Lena made the vest, leather shorts and button down shirt tandem look so effortless. Pick an interesting pair of shoes just like the blogger’s tasselled heels for more street style credibility.
3. Mix your skater skirt, long-sleeved shirt and vest together
Diana just let her long-sleeved button down shirt hang loosely over her skater skirt and made the outfit more polished by throwing on her vest. She accessorized with heeled oxfords and chain-strapped shoulder bag.
4. Throw on a vest over your sleeveless top and bermuda shorts combo
Priscila taught us that a vest can instantly make a printed sleeveless top and bermuda shorts combo look dressier. Amp up the style factor by wearing statement accessories just like her amazing earrings.
5. Wear a vest over your boyfriend jeans and shirt ensemble
Tired of the same boyfriend jeans outfit you’ve been sporting since last summer? Do what Helena did and throw on a cute vest over it. It immediately gives this look a fresh panache.
6. Cover up in a double-breasted vest when wearing your tank top and shorts
The vest actually balances out the show of flesh and gives it a more interesting flair. Just like Laura, opt for a cute, colored, double-breasted vest and then accessorize with an even cuter pair of sandals.
7. Liven up your maxi dress with a faux fur vest
A fur vest is just what you need to breathe new life to your maxi dresses from last summer. Like Didi, accessorize with a wide-brimmed hat and a pair of flats.
8. Make your jumpsuit look more polished with a long vest
It’s interesting how Lucita’s camel-tone long vest made her comfy jumpsuit look more sophisticated. Follow her lead and do the same for your jumpsuits.
Are you ready to try the vest trend? Here are some vests you might want to pick up:
1. BB Dakota Karriem Vest, $95.00
2. Vince Asymmetric Shearling Vest, $1495.00
3. Rag & Bone Dant Vest, $495.00
4. Viktor & Rolf Leather Vest, $822.00
5. Norma Kamali Shaggy Vest, $550.00
6. Sachin + Babi Connection Vest, $995.00
7. Madewell Reversible Quilted Puffer Vest, $138.00
What about you? How would you style a vest?